This is one of those pasta dishes that I don’t mind eating cold the next day.
I’m gonna keep this as short and sweet as this dish.
- 1 pound penne rigate
- 2 tbsp. olive oil or oil from the sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 2 zucchinis, halved lengthwise and sliced
- ½ c. chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ½ c. pesto
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Chop your veggies while waiting for the water to boil. Once boiling, add penne and cook for 11 minutes, until just al dente.
- In the meantime, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes, until the onions are translucent.
- Add peppers and zucchini to the pan and sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes, salt, and pepper.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer cooked penne to the skillet with the veggies. It's okay if some of the pasta water gets in the skillet; this will contribute to the sauce.
- Add pesto, and toss.
- Serve with grated Parmesan and enjoy!